The Chemicals from the Cosmetic ProductsNovember 25, 2012
I am going to mention the most dangerous you should avoid it:
1. Parabens: are preservatives used in cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries in order to increase shelf life and for antimicrobial properties. Common parabens include: Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben and Ethylparaben.These parabens can cause alergies, dermatitis and breast cancer.
2. Mineral oil and derivatives: is a common ingredient in baby oil. lotions and ointments. Mineral oil clogs the pores and suffocates the skin.
3. Propylene Glycol: it is a petrochemical derivative which may cause irritations of skin
4. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): is found in many personal care products (soaps, shampoos, toothpaste )
5. Synthetic fragrances are petroleum derivatives which can cause allergic reactions, headaches, dizziness. Benzene, toluene and xylenes are petrochemicals used in making these fragrances.
6. Imidazolidinyl urea si Diazolidinyl urea cause irritations of skin.
7. Triethanolamine: it serves as PH balancer in many cosmetics products like eye gels, skin lotions and shampoos. Can cause allergy and respiratory problems.
Unfortunately I developed an allergy to some cosmetic products, I can`t stand anymore perfumes, some detergent and softener.
I was shocked when I noticed the ingredients of some big brands. Maybe they claim that the quantity of those chemicals is too small and could not affect our health. I wonder what happens when we use on regular basis these substances.
I am aware that we can`t avoid all of them but when you buy a product please read the list of ingredients.
The best solution is to prepare yourself at home as many cosmetic products you can or go for organic ones.